Everyday I wake up, thinking “What should I blog about today”? In the search for a topic, I try to go back into my past, into my childhood or college days. I am in constant lookout for a topic, almost everywhere. While driving, at office, at home, while eating and before sleeping. I think I am addicted to blogging. But is this just an addiction? Really? Well, I have been addicted to Cigarettes once. But this addiction is certainly of a different kind. Sometimes, when my search for topics do not take me anywhere, I hijack other peoples’ blogs to find one. I know it’s not nice. But, seriously, I am addicted.
I try to keep my blog updated. If I am not blogging about anything, I try to search for some old pics from the lot I have on my hard drive, which I could upload and write a short description, just for the sake of keeping my blog updated. I jump in joy whenever I receive a comment on one of my posts and make it a point to reply to it almost immediately. When there’s no one commenting on my blog, I visit a lot of blogs and comment on their posts in the hope of getting a comment or two in return. I tweet about my new posts. I buzz them too.
So here comes the big question. Why do I blog?
- To beat Kunal at his blogging frequency. I think I will beat him this year. At this point in time, I have a considerable lead. 🙂
- Want to be a pro-blogger. Well, every blogger wants to be one. Just write some crap(pun intended) and earn $$$$.
- A hobby perhaps. My other hobbies like music, sketching, painting and gaming have been overshadowed by the tech-driven hobbies.
- It’s nice to blog. Of late, I have seen many people mentioning their blog address in their resumes. A lot of companies have their own blogs and encourage people to write some articles. It’s all about bringing traffic to their websites. I also have a tech blog on Android which I would like to promote here.:) Android Tips for Developers.
- It feels good when people appreciate your thoughts and comment on your posts. You always want to have more of them.
- I guess everyone wants to be heard. Blogging is a great platform to achieve that.
I am feeling sleepy now. So, people, I am eagerly waiting for your comments. Ah, don’t worry, I will approve your comments as you post. I carry my phone all the time. I am an “ADDICT”.